"A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged around a central key word or idea."
Pictures shown are those of my own mind map creation.
I created a divergent mind map, meaning I have one key topic ("Father") but derive four different interpretations of the word. Father as in Priest, Biological Father, Father Time, and Father Figure. Mind maps are interesting because you will notice words or phrases that you use multiple times, even when they are products of divergent topics. All the yellow lines are connecting matching words that resulted in different areas of the mind map.
How a Divergent Mind Map works:
1. Pick a topic
2. Create 4 different meanings for the topic
3. Associate a word with one of the topics. (ex. I went from Biological > birth father > babies > baby food > apple sauce > apple trees > forest. - get it?)
4. Repeat step 3 for the other three worded interpretations.
5. Correlate matching words or opposites by drawing connection lines (ex. I had "beach" from Father Time and from Biological Father, so I connected them. If you had "peanut butter" in one place and "jelly" in another, you would connect those as well).
6. Color your creation to emphasize meanings.
7. Enjoy
I loved this project. Mind maps are evidence that all people are creative. Everyone's mind works differently, but how we associate meanings help us create and relate to one another. There's no such things as "simple minded" or someone who is "not creative". All of our minds are complex and unique. They allow us to create and learn in different ways.

My most used words/connections:
Christmas, Beach, Flowers, Football, Winter, Drugs, Boat, Trees, Apples, Celebrity, Music, Fall, Country, Athlete, Actor, Movies, Alcohol, Water, Bible, and of course Harry Potter




did you make that mind map?!
ReplyDeleteYes mam I did!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete